Friday, April 1, 2011

Tips on Dining Room



For these few days, my focus is still on how to redecorate my dining room. Yes, it is a new one, and I just can not wait to invite some people for dinner. Or to have dinner with my husband in it.

So, I have been reading some tips on decorating the dining room and browsing lots of dining room decoration pictures. Three elements that I have found essential for my dining room decorating project are:

1. Color schemes

Green and brown?

I should choose between 2-3 color in a palette to make it look simple. This will be done by using one color as the main color, and the other(s) for the details. I will need those to take out the plain atmosphere.

2. Wall decoration

A set of family photograph! Yeay!
It looks like a suitable sized wall decoration (it can be a painting, a set of pictures, or a hanging fabric) can pop-up the wall. And (again) taking out the plain atmosphere. Also, if it is quite unique, it can be used for an ice breaker or pick-up line in an awkward situation.

3. Space

Leave some space, please...
It does not mean I must have large space for a comfy dining room, since my dining room is only 3x3 square meter. A small room like that would be fine. But, because I only have a small space, I need to make it more spacious by selecting which furniture/decoration/utilities goes in and which goes out. This will limit my occupied space, thus I will have a larger space for my family or friends.

-o0o-

Yup, I got the picture. Now I have some planning to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...